Thursday 4 November 2010

Business is about to pick up...

...as they say. I'm in the final stages of preparation for Saturday's Other Worlds event, which means getting flyers and book sales ready, printing up signage, sending last emails to everyone involved and so on. A good event is all about getting the little details right, and that's something I've always tried to do at events I've run. It'll be good to get back 'in the game' - barring things like Black Library Live and Games Day I've been pretty much out of the events circuit, so it'll be good to get the old buzz going again!

In other news, I've just had a story accepted for a new Pill Hill Press publication, entitled 'Daily Bites of Flesh'. It's a collection of flash fiction, and my 500 word story 'The Hunt' will be part of it, which is great.

I've also been squirelling away at the Alt.Fiction writing weekends, and have definitely found some really promising venues now, so that's pretty exciting stuff. I think it's a huge gap in the market, and people are so keen to come on these kinds of weekends and devote some real time and space to writing. I'm hoping to have some real solid news on that front soon.

That's it from me until the weekend - I'll be back on Sunday with a full report on Saturday's Other Worlds event.

And here's my song of the moment, one I'd totally forgotten about... this used to play all the time in rock clubs when I was a little younger...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9COTgWZ9f44&feature=channel

Cheers!

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment