Monday 18 October 2010

Freelancing - day one...

Afternoon all,

Well, today has marked my first venture into the world of freelancing, which thus far has been pretty exciting. Kind of weird setting the alarm an hour later and not having to jump on a bus, and still a bit unusual setting up office in my dining room...

So, what has day one brought? Well, just back from a meeting with Ben Spiller to hammer out some details on an even I'm very excited about... On December 17th we'll be hosting a night of Christmas ghost stories at Derby QUAD. These are proper classic tales, performed by some excellent actors (and in part by me, although I'm still not quite sure how that happened...) with a healthy doso of Victorian atmosphere. This'll be a real treat - you can check out all the details at http://www.derbyquad.co.uk/whats-on/other-events/spirits

I've been working on some sponsorship ideas for Alt.Fiction as well, which will be a really interesting job for the next few weeks. With arts funding being cut, I think that cultural activity will either have to adapt and become more business-like or most likely die out. So for Alt.Fiction I'm looking at running profitable events and getting private investment in as a big part of the revenue. How's that for behind the scenes :-)

Rest of the day looks like being mainly marketing - with so many events between now and the end of the year, there's going to be a good bit of that to do in the near future...

More tomorrow...

Cheers!

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment