Thursday 28 October 2010

Weekend blog

Evening all,

Just wanted to post a blog tonight - I'll be away over Hallowe'en weekend, locked up with eight other people in a remote cottage in the middle of Derbyshire. Actually, put like that it doesn't sound like such a good idea, especially bearing in mind at least one of our party has shown a liking for the chainsaw :-)

Anyway, it's been quite a week of freelancing this time, which has seen me flitting around aplenty. Monday was my day at home, doing a bit of marketing and planning, while Tuesday I was off to Nottingham in the morning for a podcast with Adele Harrison of Un:Bound, and my old jobshare and new line manager at Writing East Midlands, Catherine Rogers. We talk all things Alt.Fiction at http://unboundblogzine.podbean.com/2010/10/26/altfiction-oct-dec-events-programme/

After that it was off for a rehearsal for Christmas Spirits with Ben Spiller of the tremendous 1623 Theatre Company. Having previously been a bit nervous about my role narrating 'The Signalman', after this I was really excited about it. Such a great story too... still sends a chill down my spine. We've also had some nice developments for the atmosphere on the night, so it should be a fantastic night...

Then it was off to Tamworth for an evening meeting, which at this stage I can't talk a whole lot about, (I know, sorry to be a tease...) but all very productive and a nice way to end the day.

Wednesday it was off to Sheffield, with a vague feeling of having been on some kind of East Midlands tour, for another great meeting with the Showroom. I should be able to post some news on that one pretty soon (oh no, I'm at it again. I like to retain at least a bit of mystery...)

Today was a mix of preparing for our weekend away, and getting ready for Other Worlds next weekend. It's getting to that point of looking at the minutiae, so it's buying raffle tickets for the prize draw, creating signage, making sure everyone taking part is happy with everything and basically anything and everything inbetween. The support from QUAD and Tor has been great, and made it pretty much stress-free. So far, at least...

So, assuming I return from our Hallowe'en weekend in the middle of nowhere, I'll be back Monday with all the latest. In the meantime, here's the song that has been keeping me occupied... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gpNqB4dnT4 - Crazy on You by Heart. I seem to be going through a real classic rock phase right now.

Cheers!

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment